Home

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Baby Brielle

My niece Brielle entered the world today, June 5th (yes on my birthday) at 4:07p.m. weighing 8lbs 1.5 oz and 21 inches long.

Katie was in labor for almost 24 hours with her water broken for almost 22. It was a long night and day. I was in the hospital all night with Tim and Katie and left in the morning. After making slow progress, things got very frustrating. Katie also developed a fever, which could have be a sign of an infection. It was eventually decided that Katie would have c-section and the baby would head directly to the NICU. She is currently there for 48 hours assuming all blood cultures come back negative, which the first round did. Katie and Brielle are both receiving antibiotics as a precautionary measures. Brielle is beautiful and Katie is doing well.

I haven't met my niece as I am not allowed in the NICU and I'm hoping we have smooth sailing, so that Monday afternoon, I can finally meet her!

Enjoy the pictures! There will be more when I get to meet her!




No comments: