Home

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meggie!

Maya has been going to Meggie's house for 5 years now. She has loved it every single day. Even the summer where she cried when she was left with anyone (Scott included), she didn't shed a tear when she got to stay with Meggie. She has loved the routine of it and she has also made her very first best friend.

Last Friday was Maya's last official day at Meggie's. She may end up there a few days here and there when there is no school for kids and Scott is working, but nothing regular like she has been doing. As excited as I am for her to start the next chapter in her life, it is bittersweet knowing what she is leaving behind.

Meggie has taught her so much. I remember one day when I realized that I hadn't been helping her identify her body parts, so I started to point them out, and she already knew it. She knew her colors before I had taught them to her. Where did she learn them...at Meggie's house!

This picture was taken on September 1, 2006...her first day at Meggie's.
 Over the past 5 years, she has grown from a baby to a beautiful little girl. She can count to 100, write many words, and even read a few. Much of what she knows can be attributed to Meggie. Maya doesn't quite get how she won't be seeing Meg everyday because she is just so excited to go to big girl school, but one day she will.


Here is Maya on her last official day of Meggie's!
 As I mentioned earlier, Maya has made her very first best friend, Lara. They are inseparable there and when something "big" happens, Maya immediately wants to make sure Lara knows. I have talked to her about how she will not see Lara much anymore and she says "I know", but I don't think she really does. Kerry and I joke how they are going to need a cell phone in kindergarten, so they can call each other. I am positive they will both make new friends, but it is awesome knowing they will always have each other.

Although, not working was never an option, it wasn't always easy leaving my kids. However, knowing how much Meggie cares and what she does, has made it so much easier!

Thank you Meg!


No comments: