Home

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Snow day....#5

Yesterday, we had our 5th, yes, I said 5th snow day and I do realize it was only February 1st. We have had a real doozy of a winter this year and we have been plagued by terrible weather. Granted I do not mind the day of from work and extra time with my kiddos, but I do have things I need to do at school. Plus snow = shoveling = sore back and arms = not fun! I haven't taken many pictures are our snow days and I decided I would be more diligent on this one....

We decided that it would be a perfect day to make some homemade chocolate chip cookies. Maya was thrilled and Matthew seemed excited. He loved trying to help, which involved touching everything that he wasn't supposed to. He did help put some chocolate chips into the batter...he loved that and he loved tasting them beforehand.


My cheesy smiled, eye closed kids smiling with the cookie batter...

Our masterpiece turned into.......

THIS!

And the kids were able to do this...YUM!
We have only taken the kids outside once this winter despite the ridiculous amounts of snow. Some of it has been icy or too much for Matt to handle, so they stayed warm inside. Today, it was, that's it, we are going out. Maya got dressed all by herself and Matthew insisted on wearing my hat. We trudged outside and Maya did this...

Matthew couldn't walk well, so he kind of just stood around...until we gave him a shovel.

Then for him, it was all work and no play. He would get mad if the shovel dropped and he had to help the entire time we were out there. Note the very large, girly hat...hey it kept his head warm at least. I know you enjoy the huge purple sand shovel too!

Maya was a huge help too and shoveled quite the little path in the driveway. She was working hard and had to throw the snow pretty high. She did get tired and started to...

climb the huge mountains of snow we have surrounding our driveway. She loved every minute of it, even though it kept making a mess!

Our little cuties on top of one of the huge mounds of snow.

I love this boy!
My beautiful princess~


We were outside for about 2 hours and the kids did great. We came inside for some cookies and hot chocolate and then just enjoyed the rest of the night as a family (Scott came home in the middle of shoveling and he entertained the kids).

We are home again yet today for snow day #6 because of an "Ice Storm". I hope we still have a Spring Break!

1 comment:

Wilde ones said...

Now that's a way to spend a snow day! My kids would be so jealous. We don't get snow where we are in California - to play in snow we have to make the 2 hour drive to Tahoe. Hope day #6 is as fun.